Regional CCS Network Study by Element Energy now publishedFebruary 4, 2011
A Regional Carbon Capture and Storage Network Study by Element Energy has recently been published. The final report describes:
- The current drivers and appetite for CCS among power and industrial emitters in the Tees Valley.
- The likely costs of large scale CCS deployment in the Tees Valley.
- The service charge for users of a shared CCS pipeline network under a wide range of scenarios.
- The opportunities and challenges for implementing CCS in the Tees Valley.
- A review of structuring and financing options for a CCS network to allocate costs, risks and benefits appropriately.
- Recommendations on a strategy for developing the potential for CCS, describing how stakeholders should work together to facilitate the optimal development of a CCS network in the Tees Valley.
The report will be of interest for policymakers, investors, suppliers, and other stakeholders interested in developing or participating in potential CCS networks. Please contact Harsh.Pershad@element-energy.co.uk if you would like to receive a copy.This entry was posted in Policy and strategy, Power Generation. Bookmark the permalink.