About Element Energy
Element Energy is a dynamic and growing technology consultancy specialising in the robust and intelligent analysis of low and zero carbon energy. Our work involves innovative new concepts and is fundamental to the shift to a low carbon future and the mitigation of climate change. We help both public and private sector organisations develop their decarbonisation strategies, technologies, policies and projects through evidence-based investigations. We also work with a wide range of clients and partners to demonstrate and commercialise new technologies to enable the transition. Our teams span all key areas of low carbon energy: transport, buildings, hydrogen and fuel cells, industry and CCUS, energy networks and smart energy systems. We pride ourselves on the strength of our analysis; we work closely with our clients, aiming to exceed their expectations and solve the challenges of climate change together.
Why Element Energy?
We are a group of intelligent, friendly and passionate people, who have strong values and are driven by our goal to decarbonise the energy system. We help shape the energy strategy in the UK, Ireland, France, Australia and beyond through our advice to the Committee on Climate Change, local authorities, governments, international organisations and many private sector companies. As a small company (<100 people) we are dynamic and collaborative, allowing your voice to be heard. Element is rapidly growing due to our strong reputation and forward-thinking approach; you will have the chance to progress rapidly in your career on a merit basis. New employees have the opportunity to work across a range of sectors, ensuring you will learn quickly, gain a broad view of the low carbon energy sector, and build experience from across the company. We also offer training on key skills, such as sound project management, delivering effective presentations and writing successful bids, as well as the chance to attend conferences and events. Our team holds a range of social activities, so every member should feel connected and at home. The principles of diversity and inclusion are core to the working culture of Element Energy, with more details provided here.
Role and responsibilities
Consultants manage complex international projects, carry out research and quantitative analysis of diverse technologies, assess markets and regulations, and provide clients with leadership, insightful conclusions and strategic advice. This is an opportunity for proactive individuals to develop their own initiatives and to have a rewarding career in the low carbon technology sector. Key responsibilities include:
- Researching technologies, markets or concepts through literature search and conversations with external experts.
- Quantitative analysis of systems and technologies in excel or other software, including building techno-economic models.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Compiling strategic briefing documents, reports, and presentations for project meetings and publications.
- Developing ways to communicate the results of projects to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in physical science, engineering, economics or another relevant discipline (Minimum 2.1)
- Strong interest in sustainability and low carbon energy
- Good skills in communication, leadership and time management
- Excellent numeracy skills and ability to quickly think through complex problems
- IT literate and competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Advantageous, but not essential
- Programming skills (e.g. Python, MATLAB)
- First class undergraduate degree
- Fluent in another European language (preferably French or German)
- Experience in low carbon energy and/or consultancy
Salary: competitive, dependent on experience
- Company health insurance (UK)
- Cycle to work scheme (UK)
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from home when needed
- Choice of offices
- Christmas and summer parties, and social activities
- Pension scheme (increasing contribution with length of service in the UK)
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Merit-based promotion system
Location: Cambridge (UK), London (UK), York (UK), Lille (FR), Nice (FR)
Start date: Rolling, year round (open door policy)
Vacancy type: Permanent
Visas for applicants in the UK: Visa sponsorship offered (contact us for details)
Application process: CV & cover letter; 2 interviews. Please see here for details on how to apply.