Element Energy supports UK Power Networks in their Distribution Future Energy ScenariosJanuary 22, 2021
UK Power Networks, the electricity Distribution Network Operator for London, the South East and the East of England, recently published its Distribution Future Energy Scenarios presenting different potential futures for their network. Element Energy undertook the analysis to support the scenarios and authored the report.
The work constitutes a comprehensive and rigorously research view of the range of future outcomes for the uptake of key drivers of electricity demand and generation across UK Power Networks’ region as the UK takes steps to decarbonise. Key features of the work include that:
- The work benefited from an extensive programme of regional stakeholder engagement, where we discussed local plans for decarbonisation with a range of local government stakeholders.
- The scenario data is highly spatially resolved (down to Lower Layer Super Output Area [LSOA] level).
- The scenarios have been constructed in a flexible manner so that they can easily be updated to reflect policy and technological change in forthcoming years.
Element Energy will continue to work closely with UK Power Networks to integrate these scenarios with their business planning tools and we will also work together to refresh the scenarios on an annual basis.
The detailed LSOA-level scenario data is accessible on the Open Data portal of UK Power Networks’ website.Energy Networks. Bookmark the permalink.
- ← As Europe prepares for ambitious revisions to its regulatory framework to support the Green Deal’s targets, key findings from the largest European hydrogen mobility initiative highlight the role hydrogen can play
- “HyPSTER”: realising the First EU-supported large scale Green Hydrogen Underground Storage Demonstrator →