How to apply
Applying for a role at Element Energy
The principles of diversity and inclusion are core to the working culture of Element Energy. We believe that someone’s capabilities are what should matter, irrespective of other factors. If you have the capabilities and values to be a good fit for our team, we would love to hear from you. Our recruitment process functions as follows:
Send us your CV and cover letter
Apply for the position by sending a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please cite the specific role, e.g. “Consultant”, in the subject line. Your application should tell us why you feel you would be successful at the role and describe how you meet our requirements. Please include in your cover letter:
- Why you are interested in low carbon energy and our work in particular
- What skills or strengths you feel you can bring to our team
- Start date availability
- Preferred office location
Please do not include photographs or your date of birth in your application.
Candidates progressed to this stage attend an initial interview, held in person where possible and by teleconference otherwise, and lasting up to 90 minutes. Assessment is based on technical ability and sector-knowledge, as well as passion for the role and interpersonal skills.
We will make every effort to accommodate any individual requirements for the interview process. Please let us know in advance if you have any such requirements (e.g. access requirements or availability).
Skills tests – where applicable
- If applying for our Software Development Consultant role, a coding test must be taken after passing the first interview. This assesses the candidate’s programming skills, including the ability to write readable and maintainable code.
- If applying to work in our French office, a language test must be taken as part of the interview process. This is a written exercise which assesses French language competency.
Candidates who are successful at first interview, and who pass skills tests where required, are invited for a 2nd interview with our Directors.
The process length very much varies with the volume of applications being processed. As an indication, first interviews are usually arranged within one month, and an interview outcome is typically provided within one week.
If we think you have what it takes to help us work towards a zero-carbon future through the provision of intelligent and robust analysis, we will invite you to join our team at Element Energy